Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2016

Messy Perfection



The Unmade Bed

Everything about this moment
whispers
pause, pause.

Light, shadow and beauty
demanding my attention
their subtle flirtations
eye-catching
soul fillers

Make the time
see the art
I am far from ordinary
if you'll just pause
observe me
absorb me

A soft mist rises
from the dewy lawn
Early rays 
sneak through the 
crack between the blind
and frame
resting where 
my dream-filled head 
just laid

Stop.
Don't make me perfect
Not yet.
Pause.
Look at how perfect 
I am right now
Wrinkled, softened,
like you
at fifty eight
like you were
at seventeen
and thirty two
Like you have been
Always
but were too hurried 
or too young
or too unbelieving
to notice

Standing now
viewing the unmade bed
while the world outside this gallery
swirls madly
rushing
going
 I frame this moment
my private Louvre
Paint me!
Photograph me!
Capture me!
Feeeel me.
See the beauty no one else can see
I won't be here long
so don't ignore me
Pause
Just pause



No comments: