Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer got nothing on me!

This is officially the longest I have gone without writing a blog.....I think. It seems that way anyway. One week. Seven days. Where did they go? I have been swamped at work, crazy busy at home (reno-hell) and just generally stretched in too many directions to find the time. Even now, this minute, I should really be doing about ten other things, but it occurred to me I might enjoy doing this more than some thankless chore, so here I am. I know things are bad when I am planning to go into the office on my day off on Friday as I see no other way to meet a couple of deadlines other than burning a little midnight oil so to speak. I have a client on the other side of the world in a different time zone, making things more complicated than usual. I have clients right here in the city waiting for elaborate design proposals by Sunday, and that, combined with the demands of family and self-preservation are posing quite the juggling act for me currently. So tonight, when I walked through the door later than usual, planning to get into my workout gear and hop on the treadmill, my inner voice said "no". It told me to get into my pajamas, grab a glass of wine and chill in front of the boob tube instead. So that is what I did. I have competed with my daughter at Wheel of Fortune, then Jeopardy and following that, I tuned into American Idol and ate a bowl of popcorn.....with butter. Sometimes, I find when I have been going full speed day after day after day, the day comes when I just have to be a slug. So it only made sense that I would ignore the dryer full of clothes that need folding, the bathrooms that need cleaning and sit here in front of my computer and hammer out a few words instead. But once I sat down, I felt so wiped out, I didn't really even have any clue about what to write, so in the spirit of Seinfeld, I have just written a blog about nothing. Did you notice? Hope not.

1 comment:

Carla Sandrin said...

I don't think you're writing about nothing, Deb. Your subject is very much about that certain middle-age syndrome to which I think many of us can relate...super fatigue. I hope you're recovering!